Road Home Liaison Services FAQs

1) Is this a new program, or is there a new grant available?

  • No, this is still the Road Home program, and there are no new grants available unless you’ve encountered an eligible unmet need. These services are being provided to help current grantees who are not compliant or not yet back in their homes have additional help in working through the compliance process.

2) Who are the agencies providing liaison services?

  • The Greater New Orleans Housing Alliance (GNOHA) and Franklin Associates will provide services in the Greater New Orleans area, while Franklin will also provide the services in the Southwest Louisiana area.

3) Why did the Road Home contract with these liaison service agencies?

  • The liaison service agencies will act as an intermediary between the homeowner and the Road Home staff and serve as a second reviewer of some of the most complicated files that remain open.

  • The agencies, like the Road Home, will work with the homeowners within all applicable HUD regulations and policies.

4) Who is going to be helped by the liaison services?

  • The liaison service agencies will work with homeowners who are not compliant with their grant and need additional assistance to become so.

5) Can the liaisons help me with Small Rental or HMGP Elevation grant issues?

  • No, they will not have access to the Small Rental program or HMGP documents or files. You should contact those programs directly if you need assistance with them.

6) Will the liaison services agencies reach out to me? Will I get a letter or a phone call?

  • The liaison agencies have been given the contact information for all Road Home applicants who are not compliant with their Option 1 or Option 2 grants. They will be contacting homeowners and hosting outreach events in the near future.

  • However, you don’t have to wait for them to contact you. If you are currently non-compliant with your Road Home Option 1 or Option 2 grant, and want to schedule an appointment with a representative from one of the liaison services agencies, call 1-888-762-3252, extension 2 and ask for Liaison Services.

The Office of Community - Development Disaster Recovery Unit does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion or disability, and provides, upon request, reasonable accommodation, including auxiliary aids and services, to afford an individual with a disability an equal opportunity to participate in all services, programs and activities. Towards this end, we continually strive to make our web platform friendly to screen readers and other accessibility-related software, and provide accessible documents where possible. Any person requiring assistance, or would like a copy of a specific document, should contact the Special Needs Coordinator at (225) 276-2738. TTY callers please use the 711 relay* or dial 1.800.846.5277.
Program funded by the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development.
Housing centers are accessible and reasonable accommodations will be provided as requested.
All content © 2012 The Road Home Program